Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Great buys in National Bookstore

I love books, but I’m not the type who would go loco over book sales and patiently take time to find titles in those piles of unsorted books.

I am learning foreign language at the moment, and need some reference materials. I know buying those books could cause and arm and a leg, so I actually included it in my Christmas wish list. :P

And then I saw this sale by the National bookstore, and thought I’d try my luck. 

I went over few shelves scanning the titles, hoping to chance upon some references for my language study. Nothing here. I moved on to the ones on the tables where people keep tossing and turning the unpiled books. Skim, skim, skim. Nothing again.

I was ready to give up, as I was thinking “isn’t there something for me here?!’ As I turned to leave, my eyes caught a glimpse of that little book with a red spine. I couldn’t believe my eyes as I read the title, ‘Chambers French Verbs’ it’s as if it was there waiting for me!

I quickly glance over some shelves and found some similar books. I raided the place and found several language materials, other fun readable books, and imagine, I just spent about $10. It was my lucky day!

Now, I think my perception of book sales has changed. You’ll definitely find something; you just have to be patient on your quest to find it. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...