Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars

     On my last post, I stated my desire to read motivational books.
     Sad to say, I still haven’t finished reading all of the books I have listed. I couldn't read a whole chapter of Seven Habits without breaking into a reverie every now and then. Not that the book promotes daydream, on the contrary, I find it too thick with information, that my brain just would wander automatically after sometime.
     The good thing is that I was still able to read something. The Fault in Our Stars I believe is the first book I have finished reading this year. I seldom have the chance to read books wherein characters have terminal illness, so reading this book made me sad. Still, I'm thankful that through this book, I now have deeper understanding of the sufferings of cancer patients, be it physically or emotionally, their apprehensions, and their concern for their family. I felt Hazel's pain of missing her future because of the illness that consumes her present.
     On the lighter side, this book has lines that totally cracked me up. John Green really did great in writing this book. There are not many authors who can make you laugh and cry at the same time.
Credit: Image from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...