Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

7th, 8th, 9th Book: The Hunger Games Trilogy


First off, let me express my regret not to buy the real copy, and just be contented reading the e-book version.

Believe me, it wasn't my intention. I was just testing the first few pages of the e-book version, to see if it's worth to buy the real thing.(Yes, I know it's worth the bucks, but I just want to be sure.)

I shouldn't have done it. As soon as I reached the 10th page, I couldn't take my mind of it, and the movie also keeps flashing back.

I couldn't wait to go to the mall and buy, imagine my addiction, staying up in the middle of the night, until dawn, to finish pages by pages, chapter by chapter of this Hunger games. I was totally hooked! In 5 days I was able to finish the whole thing. I spend about 3 more days with the aftermath of everything in my mind- reminiscing moments in the book, remembering the movie. This book is so addicting!

I will definitely buy myself the real deal. My officemate said, why buy it if I have already read it. Couple of reasons actually:

1st - it's going to be a collection
2nd - I'm sure I'll read it again.
3rd - Because I'm sure I'll read it again, I want to save myself from another butt-pain. It's serious. Imagine those 5 days sitting  for a long time, staring at the computer monitor.My poor butt. I can't even lie on bed while reading; and so, I need a physical copy.

What I like:
Since, this book is widely popular, I don't think I need to introduce it, so I'm just going to say my take about it.
Of all the books, my most favorite is the first part. I think beginnings are the sweetest parts in books.
I like Peeta, and how he shows his interest/love for Katniss in the little things. He has a sense of humor too. I think, for every girl, he has the trait of an ideal man. Protective, respectful, funny, reliable.

Katniss has a strong character. She's actually a good embodiment of an independent woman, with outstanding archery skills. The way Collins write her emotional struggle throughout the book, made me think, if I had been like that, at a point in my life. I think yes, every woman goes through confusion, self-confinement and depression. Collins actually told it very well.

This book is more wholesome than Twilight, I think. It's written in both female point of view, but you can see the difference between Bella and Katniss' thoughts when it comes to their relationships and how they handle them. Or perhaps it's just the way how the writers wrote it-explicit or not.

What I don't like:
You know one of the things that really kept me going night after night, is Peeta's love for Katniss. The second  book's adventure is excellent, and their time with at the penthouse and arena are also sweet. But the book seems to lack something, sort of not enough. Well, with Peeta, dejected by Katniss in the first book, I think it's understandable how they came to that. Although, I kept on hoping to find the little things, those little sweet things between Peeta and Katniss. Oh moments, they just have a few.

Finally when the third book unveiled, they have less to share. With Peeta hijacked and all, that little connection seemed to be lost. . I just hope there were more sweet moments by the end of the book, to make up for the lost time... you know,but well, it's ok.

Conclusion:
No matter how it ended, or even if this book has some lose ends, it all comes down to one thing: this book is addicting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...