Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

God sees our weakness but looks at our strength

Judges 6:14-16
Today's New International Version (TNIV)

14 The Lord turned to him and said, “Go in the strength you have and save Israel out of Midian’s hand. Am I not sending you?”


15 “Pardon me, my lord,” Gideon replied, “but how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family.”

16 The Lord answered, “I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites together.”


As I was reading the chapter about Gideon, I realized this:
               If God wants to use us as His instrument He would.  He knows our weakness but He also knows our strength. Even if we look at ourselves as insignificant and weak, God will look at our strength instead.
                And the best part - He promised to be with us. It will not just be our strength alone, but His strength too.
Credit: Image from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...