Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

I've just started planting

I have been greatly fascinated by the beauty of flowers. They are simply elegant. They are not like the grand trees that are so noticeable, yet, even in their simple little form, they present their own beauty.

And so, one of my all-time dream is to have my own flower garden. The problem is... I hate soil. Ok, not really the soil but the slimy creatures that creeps in it- the wormies. Arrrhhhggg!

 Actually, I can buy some flower plant and just take care of them, but another wish that I have is to really witness a seed grow into a plant, and then bloom, all under my care. I just don't know when it will happen. I like plants ok, but I don't like the dirty work. :P

THE START
So, just to be mature enough to really shake that phobia off, and to finally start this project, I made it a point to buy some seeds, soil, and other things needed for planting. I've been putting this off for over a year, and I know that I have to break the habit of putting things off, so I started it with this planting project.

This Monday, I was finally able to plant the snapdragon seeds I bought.

THE WAIT
Today is Friday, five days have passed since the planting. And five days have passed since my wait, to see tiny little leaves, but there's none. Ok, I'm exaggerating, I'm not really waiting, according to my research it takes about 2 weeks for the seeds to germinate, so I'm not reallyexpecting something this early.

But you know, everyday of watering the plant, and seeing nothing gives me an unpleasant feeling. It's like the feeling when you're not sure whether your effort will be worth it, whether you'll really see something grow from those dot-sized seeds. Sometimes I feel like I'm putting something into nothing.

So, it strikes me, that farmers and gardeners must be really patient people. Imagine how long they care and wait, to see the seed develop from a tiny grain into some plant, vegetable or flower.

They must be faithful too. I think it takes a lot of faith to believe in something that you can't see. Yes you can see the seed when you plant it, but the process that transforms that lifeless grain into a new life is invisible. You water the seed and does everything you need to do with it, but it takes faith too,the belief that your efforts and preparations will result in something- something that you've been hoping to see.

SO NOW...
So now I'm still on the process of waiting. I don't want to fret or anything if they would come sprouting or not. I guess, the only thing for me to do now is do my part, care for it and patiently wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...