Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

Reading this book again is like meeting old friends and listening over again to their stories, which you already knew, yet still learning a lot of lessons.

I like how Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, through the view point of Dr. Watson, has given the readers a chance not only to read his and Holmes adventures but also to think deeper and see things in another perspective. This book has enabled me, as a reader, to stretch my mental faculties in trying to solve the cases, yet, like Dr. Watson and Lestrade, I often feel like a turtle compared to the lightning speed of Holmes' deductions.

In the story, a case of identity, he let Watson know his method. According to him it is concentrating upon the details, among other means of course. That helped me, as a reader, to catch up with his deductions in the succeeding stories.

I can't help but admire the genius of Doyle, how he put up the adventures, not only for Holmes and Watson but also for the readers to participate as well.

I just can't wait to participate in their next adventure, so ciao! :D

Credit: Image from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...