Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

1st Book: Charlotte’s Web

I decided to have my 12-books challenge starting this January. It just happened that I was presently reading this book, Charlotte’s Web, I have bought last year, so this went first.

This books talks about friendship; mostly it exhibit in words the friendship between two different creatures, and how important it really is to have a true friend in someone’s life.

Here are some of the good things I gathered:

“I was just thinking… that people are very gullible.” –Charlotte to Wilbur

“Doctors are supposed to understand everything, but I don’t understand everything, and I don’t intend to let it worry me.” –Dr. Dorian

“It is quite possible that an animal has spoken civilly to me and I didn’t catch the remark because I wasn’t paying attention… Perhaps if people talked less, animals would talk more. People are incessant talkers…” – Dr. Dorian

… and he realized that friendship is one of the most satisfying things in the world.  ( Wilbur)

Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch (Wilbur)

It is not often that someone comes along who is a true friend and a good writer. Charlotte was both. (Wilbur)

Next in line: The Big Friendly Giant (BFG) –another children’s story, but I’m curious about its plot and story, because it became one of the must-read books in 2008.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...