Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

My first visit to Baguio

Last year my brother and sister had their own trips to Baguio, how I really wished I would have my chance. Now is my year. Just this month, I was finally able to feel Baguio's breeze, walk on its streets, and visit its beautiful places.

Food Galore
We went to a lot of places and needed to walk a great deal,so we went hungry big time, but it's good, because we had an excuse to eat to our heart's content! ;]

And in the three days I felt I've packed more pounds. But the heck, how can you refuse if the food's just too good?!

Choco-late de Batirol
In the heart of Camp John Hay lies Choco-late de Batirol, a humble shack decorated with flowers and plants outside, you might think it's an ordinary place, but wait until you actually come in. It is lined with local paintings and extraordinary woodwork. The place is open, so one can feel the breeze. They wood tables and chairs makes it even cozier–just like those traditional filipino houses.

And as you can guess by their name, they serve chocolates, yey! But it's not just any chocolate you know.

They serve the traditional chocolate drink. One sip and I knew the taste, it's the one made of cocoa! (Just kidding I knew it because of the cocoa beans displayed there^^) I love their chocolate! I tried the choco mallow- it's kind of sweet, the mallows melt in the hot chocolate, therefore altering the original taste, not what I expected but well, who cares, as long as it tastes good, right?

traditional hot chocolate, yum!

Aside from that, we also had traditional filipino meriendas like bibingka and turon.
Bibingka
Turon
(Since there's a lot to talk about these places, I'll post them separately.Next stop will be posted on the next post ;] )
approaching the place....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...